Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The Midnight Max Review: My Favorite Films From The Year 1986





  1.  8 Million Ways To Die - Tagline: There Are Eight Million Stories In The Naked City...
  2. 52 Pick-Up - Memorable quote: "So long, Sport!"
  3. Aliens - Memorable quote: "Get away from her, you BITCH!" - Memorable soundtrack/score selection: Bishop's Countdown by James Horner
  4.  An American Tail - Memorable quote: "Qu'est-ce que c'est? A little immigrant. Now they are coming by bottle."- Memorable soundtrack/score selection: Somewhere Out There as performed by Linda Ronstadt and James Ingram
  5. The Big Easy - "Just relax, darlin'. This is the Big Easy. Folks have a certain way o' doin' things down here."
  6. Big Trouble In Little China - Memorable quotes: "When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."-" & "It's all in the reflexes." - Memorable soundtrack/score selection: Pork Chop Express by John Carpenter
  7. Critters -Tagline: They bite!
  8. Crocodile Dundee - Memorable quote: "That's not a knife... THAT's a knife!" Memorable soundtrack/score selection: Theme from Crocodile Dundee by Peter Best
  9. The Delta Force - Chuck Norris kicking ass!
  10. Down And Out In Beverly Hills - Memorable quote: "Call 9-1-1, call 9-1-1, call 9-1-1!" - Memorable soundtrack/score selection: Once In A Lifetime by The Talking Heads
  11. Ferris Bueller's Day Off - Memorable quote: "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Memorable soundtrack/score selection: Twist & Shout by The Beatles
  12. Flight Of The Navigator - Memorable quote: "See ya later, Navigator!"
  13. The Fly - Memorable quote: "I'm saying... I'm saying I - I'm an insect who dreamt he was a man and loved it. But now the dream is over... and the insect is awake."
  14. F/X - Tagline: Murder by Illusion
  15. The Great Mouse Detective - Memorable quote: "From that time on, Basil and I were a close team. We had many cases together, but I'll always look back on that first with the most fondness; my introduction to Basil of Baker Street, the great mouse detective."
  16. Heartbreak Ridge - Memorable quote: "This is the AK-47 assault rifle, the preferred weapon of your enemy; and it makes a distinctive sound when fired at you, so remember it."
  17. Highlander - Memorable quote: "There can be only One." - Memorable soundtrack/score selection(s): Queen's Princes Of The Universe & Who Wants To Live Forever?
  18. Iron Eagle - Memorable quote: "This one's for you, Chappy." - Memorable soundtrack/score selection: Gimme Some Lovin' by The Spencer Davis Group
  19. Let's Get Harry - Tagline: An Adventure about the Hero in all of us
  20. Little Shop Of Horrors - Memorable quote: "Feed me, Seymour!" - Memorable soundtrack/score selection: Mean Green Mother From Outer Space as performed by Levi Stubbs and The Four Tops 
  21. Manhunter - Memorable quote: "It's just you and me now, sport. And I'm going to find you, God damn it."- Memorable soundtrack/score selection: Inna Godda Davida by Iron Butterfly
  22. Mona Lisa - Memorable soundtrack/score selection: In Too Deep by Genesis
  23. The Morning After - Tagline: Last night she drank to forget. Today she woke up to a murder. Is he her last hope or the last man she should trust?
  24. The Name Of The Rose - Memorable quote: "...And yet, now that I am an old, old man, I must confess that of all the faces that appear to me out of the past, the one I see most clearly is that of the girl of whom I've never ceased to dream these many long years. She was the only earthly love in my life, yet I never knew, nor ever learned, her name."
  25. Night Of The Creeps - Memorable quote: "Thrill me!" - Memorable soundtrack/score selection: The Stroll by The Diamonds
  26. No Mercy - Memorable quote: "I know the secret to happiness...a girl with freckles on her tits."
  27. One Crazy Summer - Memorable quote: "Why am I talking to you? You're not a man, you're a cat! Go back to your feline world!"
  28. Platoon - Memorable quote: "Somebody once wrote, "Hell is the impossibility of reason." That's what this place feels like. Hell."- Memorable soundtrack/score selection: Adagio For Strings as composed by Samuel Barber
  29. Short Circuit - Memorable quote: "Number 5 is alive."
  30. Something Wild - "I'd rather be a live dog than a dead lion." - Memorable soundtrack/score selection: Wild Thing by The Troggs
  31. Stand By Me - Memorable quote: "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?" - Memorable soundtrack/score selection: Stand By Me by Ben E King
  32. Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - Memorable quote: "Admiral, there be whales here!"
  33. Three Amigos - Memorable quote: "Would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?" - Memorable soundtrack/score selection: Blue Shadows as performed by Martin Short, Steve Martin and Chevy Chase
  34. Top Gun - Memorable quote: "I feel the need...the need for speed!" - Memorable soundtrack/score selection: Take My Breath Away by Berlin
  35. Vamp - Memorable quote: "Formica, go figure."
  36. Wanted: Dead Or Alive - Memorable quote: "Fuck the bonus!"

No comments:

Post a Comment