Tuesday, May 19, 2015

The Midnight Max Review: My Favorite Films From The Year 1983


In Alphanumeric order...

  1. The Big Chill - Memorable Quote: "Amazing tradition. They throw a great party for you on the one day they know you can't come." - Memorable Soundtrack Selection: "Gimme Some Lovin'" by Spencer Davis Group and "I Heard It Through The Grapevine" by Marvin Gaye (A Highly Recommended Soundtrack Purchase)
  2. Blue Thunder - Memorable Quote: "Catch you later!" - JAFO
  3. Christine - Memorable Quote: "Whoa, whoa. You better watch what you say about my car. She's real sensitive."  Memorable Soundtrack/Original Score Selection: "Christine Attacks" music composed by John Carpenter
  4. A Christmas Story - Memorable Quote: "You'll shoot your eye out, kid!" - Memorable Soundtrack Selection: "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" as performed by Bing Crosby and The Andrew Sisters
  5. The Dead Zone - ""Bless me"? Do you know what God did for me? He threw an 18-wheeled truck at me and bounced me into nowhere for five years! When I woke up, my girl was gone, my job was gone, my legs are just about useless... Blessed me? God's been a real sport to me!"
  6. Fire and Ice - Memorable Quote: "Don't hunt for death, boy. It finds us all soon enough."
  7. Gorky Park - Memorable Quote: "Goodbye, pretty lady." - Memorable Soundtrack Selection: Swan Lake by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
  8. High Road To China - Memorable Quote: "I should have sold you when I had the chance."
  9. The Hunger - Memorable Quote: "You'll be back. When the hunger knows no reason! And then you'll need to feed, and you'll need me to show you how." - Memorable Soundtrack Selection: "Bela Lugosi's Dead" by Bauhaus
  10. Krull - Memorable Quotes: "Freedom? We have it! And fame? Nah. It's an empty purse. Count it, go broke. Eat it, go hungry. Seek it, go mad!" - " Power is fleeting; love is eternal." and "Rocks in our pockets and gravestones above our heads is all we'll get from this journey." - Memorable Soundtrack Selection: Krull Main Theme by James Horner
  11. Mickey's Christmas Carol - Memorable Quote: "And so, as punishment, I'm forced to carry these heavy chains for eternity! Maybe even longer."
  12. Nate and Hayes - Memorable Quote: "Are you putting down in that book that I'm a pirate? Good! Because I am! Oh, I never flew the skull and crossbones. That's for your fictioneers. But I have sought pleasure and profit all my life at sea without regard for any man's law. That's not to say I didn't have my morals and standards! Sure, I had morals and standards. I never killed anyone who didn't have it coming. I never cheated an honest man. I never pillaged and I never raped."
  13. The Osterman Weekend - Memorable Quote: "The truth is just a lie that hasn't been found out."
  14. Return Of The Jedi - Memorable Quotes: "It's a trap!"  "I have a really bad feeling about this."  "Obi-Wan has taught you well."  "And now, young Skywalker... you will die."- Memorable Soundtrack: "Battle Of Endor" by John Williams
  15. The Right Stuff - Memorable Quotes: Opening Narration: "There was a demon that lived in the air. They said whoever challenged him would die. Their controls would freeze up, their planes would buffet wildly, and they would disintegrate. The demon lived at Mach 1 on the meter, seven hundred and fifty miles an hour, where the air could no longer move out of the way. He lived behind a barrier through which they said no man could ever pass. They called it the sound barrier." and  "Fuckin' A, bubba."
  16. The Star Chamber - Memorable Quote: "Someone has taken justice and hidden it in the law."
  17. Sudden Impact - Memorable Quote: "Go ahead, make my day!"
  18. Tender Mercies - Memorable Quote: "I don't trust happiness. I never did, I never will." - Memorable Soundtrack Selection: "It Hurts To Face Reality" as performed by Robert Duvall
  19. Terms Of Endearment - Memorable Quote: "If you wanted to get me on my back, all you had to do was ask me." and "Don't worship me until I've earned it."
  20. Michael Jackson's Thriller -Memorable Quote: Vincent Price's Narration - Memorable Soundtrack Selection: "Thriller" by Michael Jackson (of course)
  21. To Be Or Not To Be - Memorable Quotes: "Ladies and Gentlemen: In the interest of clarity and sanity, the rest of this movie will not be in Polish" and "If it wasn't for Jews, fags, and gypsies, there would be no theater."
  22. Tough Enough - Memorable Soundtrack Selection: "Rainbows Never Touch The Ground" as performed by Dennis Quaid
  23. Twilight Zone: The Movie - Memorable Quote: "You want to see something really scary?" - Memorable Soundtrack Selection: "The Midnight Special" by Creedence Clearwater Revival
  24. Uncommon Valor -Memorable Quote: "Boy, you usin' that oriental martial bullshit on me's gonna get real expensive." - Memorable Soundtrack Selection: "Brothers In The Night" by Ray Kennedy
  25. National Lampoon's Vacation - Memorable Quote: "I think you're all fucked in the head. We're ten hours from the fucking fun park and you want to bail out. Well I'll tell you something. This is no longer a vacation. It's a quest. It's a quest for fun. You're gonna have fun, and I'm gonna have fun... We're all gonna have so much fucking fun we're gonna need plastic surgery to remove our goddamn smiles! You'll be whistling 'Zip-A-Dee Doo-Dah' out of your assholes! I must be crazy! I'm on a pilgrimage to see a moose. Praise Marty Moose! Holy Shit!" - Memorable Soundtrack Selection: "Holiday Road" by Lindsey Buckingham

No comments:

Post a Comment